Tuesday 23 December 2014

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquers


 
Hi guys! I saw a fellow blogger talk about one of these a while back, and I was quite interested in picking them as they look like they could be a dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines. I wouldn't be able to compare as I don't actually own any Lime Crime as its not available in the UK but I wanted to try them any how (one day I'll get my hands on them).

 
As you can see, I got colours Reckless & Kooky.
 
Reckless is a beautiful bright red, it actually looks a lot darker in the tube to how it comes out on the lips.
Kooky is a straight up purple. Not a light lilac nor a deep purple, a middle ground purple.
 
The formula is a matte, very fast drying, long lasting formula. At first I couldn't actually get these swatches off my hand, the only thing that did it was MAC Cleanse Off Oil, of course you think, great! I won't have to top up all day! However, I found that it was too matte that it was sticky and when I accidently rubbed my lips together (as you automatically do) it rubbed off parts of each lip which sucked.
 
 
(Reckless)

 
(Kooky)
 
Overall, for the price (£3.00) I think this is a product to check out, however, there are some issues with the staying power and it rubbing away. Saying that, I have yet to try it with lip balm or other products.
 
Have you tried these yet? What do you think?
 
Paige xo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment